Ayurvedic Diet is one of the benefits of Ayurveda. This is the knowledge of healthy eating. We all are always confused about what to eat or what not to eat. The healthy immune system is the result of healthy eating and proper metabolism. This is very simple and direct way to get a healthy body. Ayurveda is all about getting the balance between oneself and universe, and Ayurvedic diet is one of the paths of Ayurveda to reach there. Improved health, energetic, youthfulness, better memory, reduced stress, strength, improved concentration and metabolism, these are the benefits which come along with healthy eating. Ayurveda diet does not follow any rules and regulations it is just about eating fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs, fresh juices, these all with significant benefits.
Diet according to Bioelements
Every person should eat according to one’s constitution. Eating according to the bio elemental constitution double the benefits of Ayurvedic Diet.
Airy bio element
The qualities of Airy elements are cold, dry, light, hard and rough.
Foods which soothe Airy Bio element
- Veggies – Asparagus, beets, carrots, cucumber, green peas, okra, onions and garlic, radish, sweet potato, turnip.
- Fruits – Bananas, coconuts, dates, mangoes, melons, peaches, especially sweet fruits.
- Grains – Oats, rice, wheat.
Foods which disturb Airy bio element
- Veggies – Cabbage, cauliflower, celery, brinjal, leafy green vegetables, mushroom, peppers, sprouts, tomatoes, zucchini
- Fruits – Apples, pears, pomegranates
- Spices – Coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, parsley, dried chilly
Fiery bio element
Its properties are hot, sharp, oily and light.
Foods which soothe fiery element
- Veggies – Can eat almost every vegetable.
- Grains – Barley, oats, wheat, parboiled rice
Foods which disturb Fiery bio element
- Veggies – beets, carrots, brinjal, garlic, hot peppers, onions, spinach, tomatoes
- Fruits -Sour and unripe fruits, papaya, peaches, bananas, apricots
- Grains – brown rice, corn, millet, rye
Watery bio element
Qualities of watery bio element are cold, heavy, liquid
Foods which soothe Watery bio element
- Veggies – Almost every veggie is good for health until you are suffering from any watery bio element disorder like conjunctive asthma, congestion, diabetes, high cholesterol then you should avoid sweet juicy veggies, like cucumber, pumpkin, sweet potato, tomato, bottle gourd, etc.
- Fruits – Apples, apricot, pears, pomegranates, dried fruits like prunes, figs, raisins, etc.
- Lentils and Legumes – All except kidney beans and tofu
- Spices – Ginger is best, turmeric is excellent for drying out mucus, chillies are best for removing mucus.
Foods which disturb Watery bio element
- Veggies – All sweet juicy veggies such as cucumber, pumpkin, sweet potato, ridge gourd, bottle gourd, etc.
- Fruits – All fresh juicy fruits
- Lentils and Legumes – tofu and kidney beans
- Spices – excess salt
Benefits of Ayurvedic Diet
- Relief from All Disorders – The Ayurvedic principle explains that the relief from any disorder and problem starts from a healthy and suitable diet. The supplements along with healthy ayurvedic diet are cure for any illness.
- Increased and Healthy Life Span – One can always find equilibrium between mind and body, among bio elements and oneself and universe by a healthy diet. It is also useful for production of new cells and promotion of survival period. This thing helps you to live longer and healthier life.
- Improved Body Functionality – Body is composed of Bioelements, so if you eat according to bio element and according to what body needs. Then all food you eat will convert to energy for body functionality nothing will be wasted. Following this way you can improve the immune system, nervous system, circulatory system. Combining your eatables with appropriate herbs and veggies, you will attain all the benefits and balance. Your body will then perform all functions on a better level.
- Detoxification – In Ayurveda eating according to bio element also include avoiding foods which disturb your balance. This will prevent weakening of body which could be done by these foods. Eating the right food according to body type make a positive effect on the body and detoxify all toxins from the body.
- Physiological Benefits – According to Ayurveda many physical diseases are related to mental state. Ayurvedic diet removes many problems like stress, sleep disturbance, mood fluctuations, etc., making mentally happy and physically strong.
- Increasing Energy – Ayurveda believes that digestive system is the source of energy and from here it is transferred to body parts. When you eat the first effect is on the digestive system. When you attain balance, all energy which was blocked earlier is released and ensures better energy flow.