Hair; beauty but also symbolise body health. If you are healthy, your hair will thrive, but if there is any deficiency of mineral, vitamin or protein, it will cause you hair loss. So you should modify your diet which contains hair growth vitamins, mineral and proteins. Average hair growth is about 6 inches in a year. If you don’t take proper care of hair, they will fall rather grow. As I mentioned in my previous article, there can be several factors which negatively affect hair. Like too much heating tools, hair styling with chemically high products, not proper oiling, deficiency in the body, unhealthy eating, environmental factors like pollution, dirt, heat, etc. These environmental factors can’t be controlled, but we can do something about our hair. A protein called Keratin forms hair. Hair comes out of follicles which have its own life cycle that can be affected by various factors like age, diseases and climatic factors. This life cycle is divided into 3 phases:
- Anagen – This phase involves active hair growth, which lasts for 2 to 6 years.
- Catagen – In this phase transitional hair growth is involved which lasts 2 to 3 weeks.
- Telogen – It is a resting phase that lasts for 2 to 3 months. At the end of this phase, hair shed off, and a new hair replaces it. New life cycle will start again.
Following are some hair growth home remedies which are very useful to get thick hair and resist the hair fall factors. If you are looking for hair growth for men or hair growth for women, then you can use these hair growth remedies.
It is also known as “Liquid Pure Gold” because this is the best oil for hair and it does magic for hair growth. It enhances hair growth and thickness by giving moisture to hair follicles. It helps in loosen dry cells around follicles and stimulate secretion of oil on the scalp to keep hair healthy and shiny. This is a best home remedy to grow hair faster in a month.
- Take 2 tsp of oil and rub it into your palms. Then apply to your hair from root to tip and massage on the scalp.
- Leave it overnight. Wash off with shampoo.
- Repeat this step 1 to 2 times a week for healthier and glossy hair.
It is a well-known beauty oil and is used widely for curing Alopecia and normal hair loss. Along with enhancing hair growth it also helps to reduce stress and insomnia.
- Take 1 tsp of Lavender oil + 1 tsp of Rosemary oil + 1 tsp of Thyme oil + 1 tsp of Jojoba oil. These are best hair growth products with essential vitamins for hair.
- Mix them well and massage with this mixture on your scalp thoroughly. Then wrap your hair in a shower cap.
- Rinse your hair with hair growth shampoo after an hour.
It is Vitamin C rich and also has Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, folic acid and other nutrients. Along with them, it’s full of antioxidants. In addition to hair growth, it promotes smooth, shiny, dandruff free hair. When applied on the scalp it stimulates circulation so hence prevent hair loss. Don’t use in excess.
- Take 1 part of Lemon juice and 2 parts of Coconut oil or Olive oil. Mix them well.
- Apply this mixture on hair and scalp and leave it on for 30 to 45 mins.
- Wash it off and then rinse your hair with regular shampoo.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week.
For all over body health, Indian Gooseberry is a miracle. This herb is used as one of the best hair growth treatment. When you are using it for your hair, you can mix Coconut oil with Indian Gooseberry to promote hair growth. It will help greatly with premature greying of hair as well.
- Heat some Coconut oil in a pan and cook dried Gooseberry pieces in it, until they are charred. Strain and cool the oil. You can also use Indian Gooseberry powder.
- Massage your hair and scalp properly with it. Leave it on for 30 to 40 mins.
- Wash hair with hair growth shampoo.
- Do this remedy on a weekly basis.
It is an excellent herb to grow hair faster and thicker. It strengthens roots of hair that helps in growth of long and thick hair and removes dandruff. This herb has anti oxidants that increase hair growth. In addition to silica and sulphur content, rosemary helps reverse hair loss.
When applied on the scalp it helps to increase circulation and unclog blocked hair follicles. It even makes hair darker.
- Take 2 drops of Rosemary essential oil and mix it in your base oil such as Coconut oil or Almond oil. Mix them and apply on your scalp and hair. Massage with it properly on the scalp.
- Give it at least half an hour. Then rinse hair with shampoo.
- You can use rosemary water to rinse hair after shampoo. To prepare it steep 2 3 Rosemary sprigs in 2 cups of hot water for about 5 mins.
- If you have dried form of the herb, then boil a handful of it in water. Allow it to cool then strain the infusion. Rinse your hair with it after shampoo.