Honey is very effective food which is used both as food and medicine. It is very healthy to consume because it has numerous health benefits along with taste. It is used for medicinal uses in Ayurvedic treatments. Raw honey is a pure form of honey. Nowadays processed honey is consumed. Processed honey is also healthy but not as much as raw honey. Raw honey is pure, unfiltered and unpasteurized that is why it contains all nutrients and vitamins. Honey can be used in so many ways such as you can spread it on bread, eat instead of sugar or mix it with warm water, lime juice or cinnamon or other herbs to make medicine.
There are several benefits of honey which described below:
- It contains various minerals and vitamins. Commonly honey contains vitamin C, calcium, and iron. Sugar does not contain all these minerals and vitamins; if does that too in very low amount.
- It possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties that is why honey is used in various ayurvedic medicines.
- Honey can be utilized as a sweetener. It contains 69% of glucose and fructose. These substances give honey sweet taste. So honey is better than white sugar.
- Honey can be consumed to lose weight. Just mix honey with warm water, this mixture helps to digest stored fat in the body. Honey with lemon juice or cinnamon can also be used to lose weight.
- Raw honey is an excellent ingredient to be taken before and after workout processes. Raw honey contains natural sugar about 80%, water about 18% and minerals, vitamins, proteins about 2 %. These make it a good energy source so can be consumed to gain energy for exercise.
- Raw honey, if consumed on a daily basis it increases the level of health promoting antioxidants in the body. These antioxidants fight free radicals to prevent several diseases. Honey contains powerful antioxidant, polyphenols. They reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
- Honey is an excellent cough syrup, more or equally effective than any other medicine. Even single dose of honey can prevent mucus secretion and cough.
- Honey also helps to improve your performance as an athlete. Honey aids ergogenic level and helps in boosting athletic performance. It helps to maintain blood sugar level, glycogen restoration, muscle recuperation after the workout, along with it increase body energy level.
- Honey if mixed with milk is very good for skin. These ingredients help to make skin smooth, beautiful,