TB or Tuberculosis is a critical infectious disease which mainly harms lungs in the body. The main cause of tuberculosis is Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria which attacks the lungs and infect body with this disease. It can transfer from one person to another through tiny droplets released by an infected person via coughs and sneezes in the air. But this should be kept in mind that only breathing can take the bacteria into the body, normal routine things like shaking hands, sharing foods, touching or even kissing cannot spread this disease from one person to another. When a normal person breathes in this harmful bacteria, then this bacteria can settle in the lungs and starts to grow. From lungs, they can enter into the blood and then through blood to other parts of the body. Even if the bacteria enters the body the immune system can resist your body of becoming sick. An only healthy immune system can fight this bacteria. That is why TB can be divided into 2 ways:
- Latent TB – In this TB person is infected with Tuberculosis, but the bacteria causing this disease stay in inactive state and cause no symptoms. That is why latent TB is also known as Inactive TB and also it will not be contagious. It is not mean that person does not need treatment, that person definitely needs treatment because this inactive bacteria can turn into an active state. Therefore the person with latent TB will need the cure so that the infection can not spread.
- Active TB – This type is worse than previous and can make the person sick badly. It can occur after few weeks of entering the bacteria in the body.
Tuberculosis or TB can also affect other parts of the body including kidneys, spine or brain. So that symptoms vary when infection occurs in other parts of the body. Symptoms show up according to the body organ in which infection has occurred. For example, tuberculosis occurred in spine may cause you back pain and TB occurred in kidneys might cause blood in urine.
- Coughing that lasts three or more weeks.
- Blood while coughing.
- Chest pain or pain while breathing.
- Unexpected weight loss.
- Night Sweats
- Loss of appetite.
Tuberculosis Causes Or TB Causes
As we have already discussed that TB is spread by bacteria called as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis bacteria can transfer from person to person through microscopic droplets released into the air. The droplets are released by the person with untreated active TB when this person coughs or sneezes or even spits this bacteria spreads. Although TB or tuberculosis is contagious disease it is not easy to get, you catch this disease from any person you live or work with than from any stranger. But it is also important to know that if a person with active TB has undergone treatment for at least 2 weeks are no longer threat to other persons or you can say are not contagious. There may be some other risk factors with can make a person prone to get infected with this disease.
- Severe kidney disease
- Certain Cancers
- Chemotherapy as a cancer treatment
- Some drugs to prevent rejection of the transplanted organ.
- Some drugs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
- Complications occurred due to TB
A person if not get treated for some time may also get some complications other than tuberculosis symptoms. These are:
- Spinal Pain
- Joint Damage
- Swelling of membranes that cover your brain (Meningitis)
- Liver or kidney problem
- Heart disorder
Tuberculosis Cure or TB Treatment
- Green Tea – Green tea is full of antioxidants which can increase your body’s immune system strength to next level. The polyphenols compounds present in green tea can inhibit proliferation of bacteria which causes TB disease. Just drink 1 to 2 times green tea daily for results. You just have to brew green tea leaves with warm water to make a tea.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the wonder ingredient present in your kitchen. It is very healthy that it can cure TB to a great extent. It contains sulfur in the high amount which is useful to kill germs causing TB. it also contains allicin and ajoene which are proved to resist bacterial growth. The antibacterial properties and immune boosting effect present in garlic are highly beneficial for a TB patient. You can eat cooked or raw garlic. Or just mix together ½ tsp of chopped garlic, one cup of milk and four cups of water. Boil this mixture until it reduced to ¼ part of the original volume. Drink this mixture three times a day.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper is one of the easily available ingredients at home because it is very healthy spice. It helps to cleanse the lungs which in turns help alleviate chest pains associated with TB. along with it the anti-inflammatory properties of garlic can reduce the inflammation caused by the bacteria and constant coughing. Just fry 8-10 black peppercorns in clarified butter and add a pinch of asafoetida powder and allow the mixture to cool. Divide the mixture into 3 equal parts and have one dose every few hours.
- Drum Stick – These have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can be helpful to eliminate the TB causing bacteria from the lungs and decrease inflammation, which in turns reduce infection and coughing. The leaves of drumstick are the good source of carotene, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin C. just boil the handful of drumstick leaves in 1 cup of water for 5 mins. Allow this mixture to cool and add salt, pepper and lime juice. Drink this mixture daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Banana – Banana is an excellent source of nutrients and calcium that can help boost the immune system of TB patient. Along with it, banana can also reduce a cough and fever. Take a ripe banana, mash it and mix in a cup of coconut water, and add ½ cup yogurt and 1 tsp of honey. Consume it twice daily. This is the tasty way of getting the cure.