Tropical areas are the places where black pepper plant grows. It bears tiny white blossoms; these blossoms are picked before maturity and turn dark when dried. Piperine is the main ingredient of black pepper. It contains 79% of required manganese, 57% of vitamin K, 45% of iron, 30% of fibre. Piperine cures pigmentation disorder of skin called vitiligo. It increases body’s ability to absorb beta carotene beta vitamins, selenium like nutrients from food.
Black pepper powder or solid form contains various essential oils like piperine (an ammonia derived alkaloid) which gives pepper its original character and warmth as well as monoterpenes, limonene and myrcene which gives aroma to it. Black pepper is useful in curing different diseases. It is both spices as well as medicine for human health. It provides minerals to the body like potassium to cure heart rate, blood pressure and calcium for bone strengthening, zinc to promote cell growth and is antioxidant.
Here are some black pepper health benefits which can be used in daily life.
- Black pepper can be mixed with honey to cure a cough and cold. It is a very effective remedy. It is also helpful to cure bacterial infections.
- Piperine present in black pepper cures various skin problems like vitiligo by producing melanocytes. It also reduces wrinkles and skin cancer caused by UV radiations.
- Antioxidant Properties – It has antioxidant properties because of which black pepper can heal the damage caused by free radicals so as a result prevents cancer, cardiovascular diseases and liver problems. Black pepper also neutralises harmful compounds and protect skin from premature ageing, memory loss and age spots.
- Improve Digestive system – Consumption of black pepper increase hydrochloric acid in the stomach which ease to digestion. It increases sweating and urination which removes toxins from the body. Sweating eliminates toxins and cleans out pores of the skin. Regarding urination, it eliminates uric acid, urea and excess water and fat, since urine is made up of 4% fat.
- Weight loss – The outer layer of black pepper, peppercorn helps in the breakdown of fat cells. When fat cells are broken down, they can easily absorb by the body and used in other body functions and enzymatic reactions, rather than increasing weight.
- Black Pepper is used as an antidepressant. It stimulates the nervous system and therefore eliminates depressing thoughts.