Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a traditional ingredient which is used as a spice for traditional Indian dishes. The dried root used as a spice of turmeric plant. It is warm by nature and bitter in taste. This plant contains a yellow colored chemical which is known as Curcumin. There are several chemical compounds found in turmeric, they all known as curcuminoids. Curcumin is powerful active ingredient with anti-inflammatory effects and is a strong antioxidant. It helps body fight foreign attackers and helps in relieving damage.
Turmeric powder is helpful in curing arthritis, heartburn, joint pain, stomach pain, high cholesterol, stomach bloating, intestinal gas, liver problems, kidney problems, etc. This also can be used for skin disorders like pain, ringworms, sprains, swellings, acne, skin sore and eye infections and gum diseases. Here are some turmeric powder benefits which are very beneficial for health.
Turmeric Powder Benefits
- Turmeric with Milk – Just add 1 tsp of turmeric powder in 1 cup of warm milk. It is a very healthy drink for a cough and cold and for an immune system. It fights with autoimmune disorders. This drink is a great blood purifier and improves the digestive system.
- Good for Skin Inflammations – Turmeric is very suitable for skin. It reduces skin inflammations. It can be used in various skin products for various disorders. Make a thick paste by mixing castor oil, turmeric and black pepper. Just rub this paste over inflamed area. It calms skin inflammations and pain.
- Anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin help in regulation of blood pressure and decrease risks of various cardiovascular diseases.
- Tooth Whitening – Dip a wet toothbrush in 1 tbsp of turmeric powder. Brush regularly but do not rinse instantly, keep your teeth as it is for 4 to 5 mins. Then rinse and brush normally. You will see the better results.
- Turmeric is used in various Ayurvedic medicines since it contains various bioactive ingredients.