Rain is an excellent gift to human until you are not completely soaked in it. You have planned a nice weekend trip with your kids. But cold and cough caught you badly a day before your trip. At this time you can only think of some home remedies. Here we are going to give you a home doctor, in your kitchen’s cabinet. These Ayurvedic remedies are quick, easy, efficient and of course available at any time. Here are some quick ayurvedic remedies not only for a cough and cold but for many problems.
Cold and Cough
- Best Ayurvedic remedies for cold and cough is ginger herbal tea. Just add ginger and little black pepper and Tulsi to your regular tea and drink it. It will give you instant relief. If you have throat pain due to a cough just add a pinch of salt to your tea, salt in tea is very good for throat pain.
- You can also have a lemon – honey – cinnamon syrup for the cold. Do gargles for a cough. Cinnamon is a miracle herb with lots of benefits.
- Ginger is best for Arthritis pain relief. Use powdered, raw or lightly cooked fresh ginger liberally on food. You can also intake ginger tea, just boil few slices of ginger in a cup of water. And sip it.
- Massage your joints with mustard oil to get rid of arthritis pain and inflammation. This is an excellent remedy. If there is swelling in your joints, massage with warm mustard oil. Then cover the joints with plastic wraps and apply warm towel. Do this daily for stable results.
- Drink apple cider daily by mixing it with warm water. Apple cider vinegar is rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. It helps to remove the buildup of toxins in joints and connectives. So it gives relief from joints pain.
- Honey and lemon together give ultimate results for weight loss. In warm water add 1 teaspoon honey and 3 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of black pepper. Mix it well and drink empty stomach. Drink it daily as first thing in the morning.
- Fennel seeds and water are also helpful for weight loss. Take fennel seeds. Roast them alone for 2 mins. Then grind them to convert it into powder. Mix this powder with water and drink this. It is one of the best ayurvedic remedies.
- For quick weight loss results eat papaya every morning as first thing in the morning. Along with weight loss, it also helps in removing gastric problems.
- Eat lots of cabbage as it contains Tartaric acid that prevents sugar and carbohydrates from getting converted into fats. You can eat it daily as a salad. These are good ayurvedic remedies.
UTI ( Urinary Tract Infection)
- In UTI infection drink loads of water, because it will help in flushing out the bacteria which causing infection.
- Eat food which has Vitamin C in high amount. Vitamin C will make the urine more acidic. This will resist the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract. Eg. Indian Gooseberry (Amla) take 60 grams of amla juice and mix 30 grams of honey in it. Drink this thrice a day.
- Drink Cinnamon tea; it is a natural medicine.
- Oregano is also effective herb against many bacteria. It successfully inhibits the growth of E. Coli.( bacteria most commonly seen in UTI’s). Oregano oil can be taken as an antibacterial remedy. It will not resist the antibiotic effect if you are taking any antibiotic pills. It will be even better if you can mix oregano oil with coconut oil.
- Mix a half tablespoon of baking soda in water and drink it. These are effective Ayurvedic remedies for UTI.
- Try to have Triphala tablets or powder with warm water before you go to bed. Triphala is made of Harad which is a fantastic laxative.
- Apply 3 to 4 drops Castor oil over navel at bedtime. It is one of the ultimate natural ayurvedic remedies. With this, you will definitely pass the stool next day.
- Boil 1 tablespoon of Dandelion roots in water and drink it 3 to 4 times a day. It is an effective Ayurvedic medicine. You can also take it in the form of tablets.
- Eat guava, grapes pears, orange juice, papaya.
- Raisins are great natural laxatives and are full of fibre. You just have to soak them overnight and eat them as first thing in the morning. You will get the results.
- Apply sesame oil on external dry piles followed by warm fomentation.
- Make an ointment by mixing long pepper and turmeric in equal amount in cow milk. Apply this on piles externally. It is a good Ayurvedic medicine for piles.
- Eat 4 figs twice a day in morning and evening. Soak 4 figs in water overnight. Eat 2 of them in the morning as first thing in the morning and rest 2 figs at evening. Do this every day for 4 weeks. You will see the results.
- Avoid starchy food. Add sesame and mango seeds to your diet. Veggies like bitter gourd, turnip, radish, onion, ginger are also very good to take in the diet for relief.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of Epsom salt and with 2 tablespoons of glycerin. Apply this mixture to the painful area. Leave it for 15 to 20 mins and then wash. Do this 3 to 4 times a day to get relief from pain.
- Herbal tea made of Ajwain( Trachyspermum), Tulsi (Ocimum) and ginger is a useful natural remedy for Asthma.
- Panchakarma is also an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to get stable results.
- Herbs like Elecampane, Mullein, Thyme, Black Pepper, Flax Seeds, Ginger, Manna, Myrrh are also very effective Ayurvedic medicines.
- Take 5 6 cloves and boil them in water. Add a little honey to it. Drink this twice a day. It’s an effective herbal remedy for asthma.
- Consuming caffeine helps to cure Asthma. Caffeine present in coffee clear air passage and make way for air to enter and exit easily. You can also drink black tea but do not drink more than 3 cups a day.
- Steep ginger roots for tea or mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice. Drink this herbal tea for quick relief.
- Peppermint oil is also very good for headaches. Apply crushed leaves on forehead and rest. You can also boil dried peppermint in water and drink it you will get relief in few minutes. Peppermint helps to open up the clogged blood vessels which cause headaches.
- Grind some cinnamon into a powder. Add some water to make a thick paste. Apply this on temples and rest for 30 mins. Then wash it with lukewarm water. It will definitely relieve from a severe headache.
- Squeeze half lemon to 1 cup warm water and add green tea bag into it. Drink this for instant relief. These are good Ayurvedic remedies for a headache.
Hair Care Tips
- Take some almond oil, coconut oil, hair conditioner, 250 ml water and a small empty spray bottle as requirements. Put 200 ml of water in spray bottle, 2-3 drops of coconut oil and 4-5 drops of almond oil. Add minute drops of hair conditioner to it. Do not add more hair conditioner because it will form a lather. So add just 2-minute drops. If you like, you can also add lavender oil or any other nice smelling oil to it. Add remaining water and shake well. This is an awesome homemade serum without any chemical or much expense. You can use it daily and make it anytime at home.
- Use Avocado and peppermint oil for a homemade hair mask. Mash some avocado, add one or two drops of peppermint oil to it. Apply this on hairs, leave for 15 20 mins and wash off. You will see the change in your hairs. They will be soft and smooth.
- Mix olive oil, honey and cinnamon powder. Make a thick paste. Massage this paste into your scalp and to roots properly. Leave it for 15 20 mins. And wash it off.
- Take coconut oil and warm it. Massage your hairs with it from hair root to tip. Let it stay for 1 hour then wash your hairs. Coconut is the best for any kind of hairs. It nourishes hairs. Do this thrice a week.
- Grate a coconut and squeeze out its milk. Mix a little water with the coconut milk. Apply this on your scalp particularly when hairs are less or thinning of hairs is more. Let it stay overnight. Wash it off next morning. Do this twice a week. You will see the change in hairs.
- You can also use garlic. Just crush few cloves of garlic. Add these cloves to coconut oil. Boil the mixture for few minutes. Let it cool and store in a properly cleaned bottle. Apply this oil to your hairs, let it stay for a few time. Then wash it off. Do this therapy twice a week.
- Fenugreek seeds are also very effective for hair loss. Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. Fry them in coconut oil. Cool and strain preparation. Apply this mixture in small amounts to your scalp by rubbing gently at roots of your hairs. Let it stay for few minutes and wash. Do this once or twice a month.
- Rub fresh lemon juice on your entire face and neck. Leave it on for 10 mins and wash it off with lukewarm water. After doing this cut some slices of cucumber and rub some slices on your skin to soften and moisturise it. Lemon will clear acne and dark spots on your face. Do this every day or every other day.
- Use turmeric for your skin. It is an excellent antiseptic and skin lightening product that helps to minimise scars and marks. Make a paste by mixing equal amount of turmeric powder and gram flour with little water or milk. Apply this paste evenly on skin and leave it on until it dries itself. Wash it off with lukewarm water scrubbing your skin gently in circular motion. Do this skin care tip once a week.
- Take baking soda. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of water or lemon juice to make a paste. Cleanse your face and exfoliate the skin using this paste. Finally, rinse your face with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy 2 3 times a week.
- Take ripe papaya. Cut it into small pieces. Add sandalwood powder and honey to it. Mix them to get a paste. Apply it over your face and neck. Keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water. This tropical fruit is rich in vitamin A, C, E and K and has antioxidant properties. It also contains magnesium, protein, potassium, fibre and an enzyme called papain which has many health benefits. Papaya brightens the skin complexion and put ageing on hold. It also hydrates skin.