Rabies in human is a life-threatening disease which is basically caused by an animal bite. An infected animal if bite a human, it results in painful, life-threatening situation. A virus through the animal bite or scratch enters into the human body and cause rabies disease. This virus affects the human nervous system and causes inflammation in the brain. House pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits and wild ones like skunks, raccoons are able to inject this virus through biting. This virus spread rapidly if animal bites or scratch on neck and head. After bite virus spreads via nerve cells to the brain. Once the virus enters the brain it multiplies fastly. This growth of rabies virus causes severe inflammation of the brain and spinal cord.
Types of Rabies
- Furious Rabies – If a person is bitten by rabies dog, and develop furious rabies then the person will be hyperactive and excitable with erratic behavior. A person may also show symptoms like Insomnia, anxiety, confusion, agitation, hallucination, excess salivation, problems in swallowing, fear of water.
- Paralytic Rabies – This type of rabies takes very long time to develop. This type shows severe effects. Infected people become paralytic slowly and ultimately slip into the coma and die.
- Soap And Water – Whenever you come in contact with any rabid animal and if that animal scratch you or bit you, just go straight away and wash the wound with soap and water. This is a very important thing to do.
- Vitamin C – Person having rabies infection should eat foods containing vitamin C or consume supplements containing vitamin C. Vitamin C will help to fight the infection. Eat guavas, red pepper, fresh herbs, kiwi, cauliflower, and oranges.
- Vitamin B– Vitamin B is very helpful to produce antibodies which will help to fight infection. Consume foods like cabbage, tomatoes, raspberries, celery, tangerines, watermelons, pineapple and spinach.
- Walnut – It is believed medically that walnut is useful in neutralizing poisons of a rabid dog bite. You just have to grind the equal amount of walnut, salt, and onions. Apply this concoction on infected area to heal up the wound.
- Garlic – It contains natural antibiotic properties, which are very useful to cure effects of rabies. Just chew few garlic cloves 3 times a day to improve the condition.
- Cumin Seeds – These have the ability to reverse the toxic effects of a rabid dog bite. Grind 2 tbsp of cumin seeds and 20 black peppercorns. Add this mixture in little water and apply this solution on the infected area. It will give relief from disease.
- Lavender – It is also very useful plant for curing rabies. Just apply the lavender compress to the wound, it will not only speed up healing process but also cure after effects.