Aloe Vera has great importance in Ayurveda because of its various benefits. Aloe Vera plant is about one to two feet tall with prickly leaves. The leaves have thick gel which is bitter but is widely known for its miraculous properties. It is mainly composed of 96% water and some organic and inorganic compounds, it also has a protein which has 18 of 20 amino acids found in the body. Aloe vera gel contains Acemannan which is complex carbohydrates and facilitates cells to absorb nutrients, nourish cells and also relieve them of toxins.
Aloe Vera is widely used in health care juices, cosmetic products, and dietary supplements. It has antiviral, antibacterial properties and ability to treat everything from constipation to diabetes. Here are some benefits of Aloe Vera which are very useful in daily life:
- Aloe Vera for Skin – It is beneficial to cure sunburns, you just have to squeeze out gel on sunburn area. It heals minor wound eight times faster than regular dressing. It is an antibacterial and contains vitamins and minerals that can ease eczema and psoriasis. It is so good for skin that its use is not limited for curing cuts and wounds. Aloe Vera is also used as a face wash, makeup remover and exfoliator. You just have to rub it on the skin.
- Aloe Vera for Hair – It contains a Proteolytic enzyme which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It acts as an excellent conditioner and gives you smooth and shiny hair. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on scalp and prevents dandruff. Aloe Vera rejuvenates hairs and prevents breakage.
How to use – Just mix 5 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel + 3 tbsp of coconut oil+2 tbsp of honey. Massage with this mixture on your scalp and leave it for 25 mins. Wash your hairs with regular shampoo.
- Aloe Vera for Constipation – Drinking Aloe Vera Juice helps to increase the water content in your intestines. If intestinal water content increases, it stimulates peristalsis which helps you pass stool easily. Aloe Vera helps normalize the healthy bacteria in your gut, keeping your healthy intestine in the balanced equation. Take Aloe Vera juice on a daily basis for sustain results.
How to make Aloe Vera juice – Aloe Vera juice is thick liquid made from the gel of Aloe Vera leaf. Just crush the entire leaf of Aloe vera plant, followed by various steps like purifying and filter the liquid. Mix this juice with any tasty fruit or veggie juice for better flavour. Drink this juice daily every morning empty stomach.
- Aloe Vera for Nutritious Boost – Aloe Vera juice is jam packed with nutrients. Drinking this juice will never make you deficient of any mineral. It contains important vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, C, E and folic acid. It also contains a small amount of:
- Aloe Vera for Weight Loss – The various vitamins and minerals present in Aloe Vera juice assists in weight loss as well as improve overall health. The natural taste of Aloe Vera is bitter that you cannot drink it as it is. Just blend the leaves and strain it. Just mix a little bit of honey to make the taste better. You can also mix some Lemon to this mixture for making it more beneficial.