Lemon or Citrus limon is an evergreen fruit which is used for multiple purposes. It is used for face, hairs, drinking and in medicines also. Lemon is sour if taken in more but when mixed with other herbs and spices it tastes better. Lemon juice has various health benefits such as treatment for kidney stones, strokes, and lowering body temperature. When you mix lemon juice with water, this drink makes you cool and calm. Lemon can also use as washing agent since it has the ability to remove stains. The fragrance of lemon repels mosquitoes. Lemons are acidic to taste but are alkaline forming in the body. This helps to maintain body’s pH. Lemon also helps to resist diabetes, constipation, fever, high blood pressure, etc. Lemon provide health benefits due to the presence of nutritious elements like vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, folate, niacin thiamin, copper, iron, phosphorus, and protein.
Lemon health benefits or lemon juice benefits are described below:
- Lemon juice helps to treat indigestion and constipation. Mix few drops of lemon juice on your eatables, and it will promote digestion. In addition, lemon also acts as blood purifier and cleansing agent. So drink lemon soda at least 2 3 times a day.
- Lemon juice is also an antiseptic which can also cure the skin related problems. The lemon juice can be applied on sunburns, and good for acne and eczema. It also acts as anti aging product and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Mix lemon juice with honey and warm water. Drinking this can bring a glow to your skin.
- Lemon juice helps to relieve respiratory problems and breathing disorders. It has the ability to soothe a person suffering from an asthma attack. Lemon is vitamin C rich, which has the capacity to deal with various respiratory disorders.
- Lemon can also cure internal bleeding since it has antiseptic and coagulant properties. Apply lemon juice on a cotton ball in small quantity and place it inside your nose to stop nose bleeds.
- Drinking lemon juice helps to cure heart problems because it contains potassium. So it can contribute to control high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea. It provides calmness to both body and mind. It also decreases stress and depression.
- Iron deficiency is most common nowadays which can lead to anemia. Combination of iron rich food with vitamin C rich foods maximize the body’s ability to absorb iron.
- Lemon juice helps to remove hair problems such as dandruff, hair loss, and other scalp related problems. If you apply lemon juice to hairs, it gives hair natural shine.
- The best benefit of lemon juice is to lose weight. When a person consumes lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey, it helps to reduce body weight.