Fenugreek plant is an excellent herb which is used in cooking as well as for medicinal purposes. It possesses green leaves with small white flowers. Fenugreek plant is used in 3 different manners; first fenugreek leaves which can be dried and used as herbs, fenugreek seeds are used as a spice for cooking; third the plant matter as a vegetable like sprouts or micro greens. Fenugreek seeds are warm in nature and have a somewhat bitter taste but when cooked gives a pleasant flavor. Out of all plant parts, the seeds are most widely used. Fenugreek can be consumed in dishes for eating, or you can make a paste of it to cure skin inflammations.
Fenugreek can be used to cure diabetes, painful menstruation, polycystic ovary disease, obesity, kidney ailment, chronic coughs, beriberi ( caused by vitamin deficiency), baldness, cancer and exercise performance, etc.
Fenugreek is a rich source of Selenium which is an anti radiant to helps the body to utilize oxygen. It is a natural source of iron, silicon, sodium, thiamine.
How does it work – Fenugreek slow down the absorption of sugar in the stomach and stimulate insulin. These both effects help to keep the body healthy.
- Fenugreek For Hair – Sometimes deficiency of certain minerals or vitamins cause you hair loss. Vitamin B, C, and E are really beneficial for healthy hair, hair growth and even for scalp health. Fenugreek provides all these vitamins and also minerals such as iron, zinc that play an important role in hair and scalp health. Fenugreek is a good source of vitamin B and C which is important for hair growth. You can consume fenugreek seeds through food or directly apply the paste on hair to treat it. It will also give your hair shine, color, and volume.
- Fenugreek For Weight Loss – Fenugreek seeds are very good for losing weight. Fenugreek has a natural soluble fiber in Galactomannan that helps to resist hunger and make you feel your stomach is full. It has been seen that galactomannans swell with in the stomach, so that give you feel of a full stomach. Naturally, you will eat less and can lose weight easily.
- Fenugreek For Diabetes – Diabetes II can be cured by fenugreek. Since galactomannan present in fenugreek is a natural fiber, it helps to slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. Fenugreek also contains some amino acids which may produce insulin but at a slower rate. The slow rate of production of insulin is good for overall health.
- Fenugreek For Menstrual Pain – Some girls suffer from painful menstruation, for them, fenugreek is very good. It is potentially able to ease the menstruation process and relieve the related problems. It works as an Emmenagogue which means it can facilitate the blocked menses and make this process less painful and comfortable.
- Fenugreek For Breastfeeding Women – Fenugreek increase the milk production in women who are on breastfeeding and may experience less production of milk. The Galactagogue which is present in fenugreek helps to enhance the milk production. This substance stimulates the milk duct and increases milk production may be in 24 hours.
- Fenugreek For Men – Fenugreek has shown to be helpful for men in certain cases.it helps to increase sexual desire and performance in men, and along with that it can also help to cure impotence. Fenugreek uses for men also includes curing hernias, erectile dysfunction and some other male problems such as baldness. It helps to enhance the testosterone level in the body and cure illness.
- Fenugreek For Digestive Problems – Fenugreek also contributes to improving various digestion related problem such as constipation, upset stomach, and stomach inflammation. The water soluble fibers in fenugreek help to cure constipation. It also shows anti inflammatory effects which contribute to improving digestive tract by removing various problems. Fenugreek also helps to cure heart conditions such as hardening of arteries and high blood pressure level and even have the ability to treat cholesterol level.