Obesity is not a disease; it is a term used to define a person who is having too much weight. A person with excessive body fat is obese. This more weight may come from muscles, fat or body water or bone. Fat in the body is measured in terms of obesity Body Mass Index. Normally BMI between 18.5 to 25 is healthy, but if it is 30 or more, that person is considered obese. Obesity does not occur suddenly it occurs over time. You consume calories in the form of food, but when you intake more calories than you use in a daily activity, this extra calorie converted into fat and store in the body. Obesity may give rise to many health issues like high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, gallstones, arthritis, etc. Every person who is obese does not mean will have all these problems, these may vary from person to person. Obesity also causes an increased level of circulating fatty acids and inflammation.
What Causes Obesity
It was an assumption that overeating, under exercising or less physical activity causes you being overweight. But there are more factors which cause you obesity. These are
Certain medical conditions and medicines may cause you being more in weight. Such as Cushing syndrome, depression, steroids, birth control pills, antidepressants, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
People with an increase in age tend to lose muscle strength and gain weight. Metabolism with age also slows down this will also cause you weight gain.
Genetic Factors may also play important role in metabolism, storage and fat distribution in the body.
Obesity sometimes caused by family trends such as unhealthy lifestyle, unhealthy food, etc.
Emotional factors like depression, hopelessness, anger and many other reasons that have nothing to do with eating but may cause you obesity. That is because feelings in human may influence your eating habits.
Effects Of Obesity
There are some symptoms of obesity or effects on health when you are obese which indicates that you do not have some more weight than you should have rather you are having much more weight than you should have.
- Breathing disorder or breathlessness
- Some types of cancers like prostate and bowel cancer in men, breast and uterine cancer in women
- Coronary artery disease
- Feeling tired every day
- Increased sweating
- Unable to perform normal physical activities
- Liver diseases
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart problems like stroke
- Tomatoes – eating tomatoes every morning empty stomach helps you to treat obesity. Tomatoes contain dietary fibers and contain compounds which are helpful to alter levels of hormones that affect your appetite. These are rich in vitamin A, C, K, magnesium, manganese, choline, folate and other nutrients which are good for your health. These are also rich in antioxidants which help to prevent some types of cancers.
How to use – Just peel and eat raw tomatoes every morning empty stomach. Do this at least for 2 months.
- Lemon Juice – Using lemon juice for treating obesity is one of the best Ayurvedic home remedies. It helps to improve digestion and promote detoxification. Healthy digestion is one of the requirement to cure obesity. Lemon juice removes toxins from the body and improves metabolism. Lemon provides you the nutrients which are required to burn body fat.
How to use – Mix 3 tbsp of lemon juice in a glass of lukewarm water. Add 1 tsp honey and ½ tsp of black pepper to it. Drink this every morning empty stomach for about 2 to 3 months for sustain results.
- Honey And Cinnamon – Both these ingredients boost your metabolism, increase your energy and helps to detoxify your body. All these helps to lose extra weight and get a healthy weight. Cinnamon helps to resist overeating and also reduce oxidative stress related to metabolic syndrome. Honey fights obesity by enhancing fat metabolism.
How to use – Mix ½ tsp of cinnamon powder to 1 cup of hot water. Steep this mixture for about half an hour. Add 1 tsp of honey to it. Drink half of this tea empty stomach in the morning about half an hour before your breakfast. Store rest of the drink in the refrigerator and drink it at night before going to bed. Do this remedy for about 1 month to see results.
- Curry Leaves – Curry leaves contain mahanimbine an alkaloid that has anti-obesity and lipid-lowering effects. As a result, it helps in lowering body fat and reduce total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
How to use – Eat about 10 curry leaves daily in the morning. Repeat this remedy for about 3 to 4 months.
- Aloe Vera – It helps to stimulate metabolism, increase energy consumption and make stored fat in use. Aloe Vera contains natural collagen proteins that make the body work more in order to absorb proteins. It also helps to remove toxins from digestive system and colon.
How to use – Take 2 fresh aloe vera leaves and peel them. Squeeze out all the pulp and put it in a blender along with any citrus juice such orange or grapefruit juice or simply add some water in a blender. Blend for 2 3 mins. Drink this every day at least for 1 month to gain healthy weight.